On 02/23/2011 07:29 PM, Neil Neilson wrote:
Trying the examples in ..\share\OpenSceneGraph\bin

None of them work now but did with the pre-built 2.9.9 that does not have the
osg71-.

osg.dll was not found
OpenThreads.dll was not found

The fact that the examples don't work, but osgviewer.exe does makes it sound like you're mixing pre-built examples with the OSG libraries you built. By default, the examples are not built when you create a new project from CMake.

I'm not sure where you got these pre-built binaries from, but the so version (the "osg71-" thing) has been used in OSG for a long time now, and as many others have said, it's not something you should be trying to get rid of.

I found these osg71- things were just an intermediate on their way to their
final resting place (as almost described in Robert's note). One MUST run the
INSTALL build after building to ensure the intermediates are moved and renamed
to their proper destinations.

The "osg71- things" are NOT intermediate files. The final .dll's in bin/ should have the so version prepended. The plugins (the ones that start with osgdb_) will not have the so version prepended, but they should be in a subdirectory osgPlugins-2.9.11.

I personally would advise you to completely eliminate the pre-built OSG that you were using and start from scratch with a fresh OSG source tree.

--"J"