Yes, I tried the OpenAL framework that comes with OS X and it works, but I'm
just getting an error the first time I press the 'm' key in the
'example_osgaudio':

*alError: (1718449215)
Builds/osgAudio/osgAudio_02_00_00/src/openalpp/Source.cpp at Line: 115: No
message associated with error code.*
*Error: pthread_cond_destroy(,) returned error status, status = 16*

but actually the sound keeps playing correctly and the app does not crash.
So, not considering the error that is printed in the console, everything
seems to work fine using the framework that comes with OS X.

I'll keep trying OpenAL and also have a look at fmod for further
development.
Thanks everybody for the help.

Cheers.
Alessandro