Hi Torben,

To NVTT: I did not simple pack the binary version of NVTT, because I don't know
about the license. As the source code is MIT licensed, I rebuild it in Release
mode for 32 and 64 bit. For the packaging and usage in OSG there was no obvious
requirement for libjpg or libjep. After my work this evening I will look up if
I missed that dependency or if these libraries are only packed in the NVTT
binary release.

I don't know hav NVVTT loads the images, if it has own dependencies to these
libs and also if OSG loads and passes the loaded images to the imageProcessor
or if it only advices nvtt to load the images.

Ah, so that probably means you're fine. When I said the 64 bit version couldn't load jpg and png images, I was talking about the nvcompress executable - if you don't package this, and instead only use the nvtt library (and even better if it's compiled by yourself) then you're probably fine.

Additionally: To do have a test scenario how to test NVTT on windows? I have
compiled nvtt, but I have no clue how to use it ;) *shame*

I have no idea but there was some discussion about this when it was introduced - I guess it must be a flag in osgconv to be able to compress textures using nvtt instead of the older way (requiring a graphics context). Have a look at osgconv.cpp, I think it should be there.

Thanks for the new 3rdparty package in any case, great work.

J-S