Hi, Yasser

osg ref_ptr's are intrusive, and object's reference count get's incremented
every time you create ref_ptr to this object, and it decrease every time this
ref_ptr destroyed. Inside osg all objects that keep pointers on other objects
use ref_ptr's for that purpose, so if you pass simple pointer to some osg
object it'll be refcounted correctly. You can not use delete on objects pointer
that can be wrapped in ref_ptr because they have protected destructor and free
when there are no more references to them. If you get pointer and need to be
sure that it will be valid over time, you should create ref_ptr out of this
pointer (thus increasing ref count) and keep it instead. In general if you
create osg objects that can be wrapped into ref_ptr's you should make ref_ptr
out of object's pointer at some point (though this can happen inside osg code
if you pass pointer to some osg object which keeps it with ref_ptr) or they
will not be destructed.

Cheers,
Sergey.