On 03/29/2011 04:14 PM, Ryan Atkins wrote:
I'm trying to build the latest source from Git for the iPhone
https://github.com/openscenegraph/osg.git

'GL_COMPILE' was not declared in scope
'glNewList' was not declared in this scope
'glEndList' was not declared in this scope
'glCallList' was not declared in this scope

Those functions are for display lists, which aren't available in OpenGL ES.

I've followed the instructions in README.txt, but I get thousands of the above
errors.  I also have added the frameworks: QuartzCore, Foundation, OpenGLES,
UIKit, CoreGraphics as they were added from my ccmake.

In my ccmake configuration there wasn't an option to disable OSG_GLU_AVAILABLE
as per the instructions.

Also, I downloaded OpenFrameworks Git to get the FREETYPE libraries and set
them up like this (with absolute paths, but i've truncated here):

FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_freetype2: openFrameworks/libs/freetype/include/freetype2
FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR: openFrameworks/libs/freetype/include/freetype2
FREETYPE_LIBRARY: openFrameworks/libs/freetype/lib/iphone/freetype-iphone.a

I'm not the OSG iPhone expert, but I don't think those settings are your problem. It sounds like you've got CMake set up to compile for regular OpenGL and not OpenGL ES. I believe you need to turn off OSG_GL1_AVAILABLE, OSG_GL2_AVAILABLE, and OSG_GL3_AVAILABLE, and turn on OSG_GLES1_AVAILABLE and/or OSG_GLES2_AVAILABLE (depending on which model iPhone you're targeting).

If you've got these settings correct, then something else is going on, and you'll have to wait for more qualified help :-)

--"J"