On 4/8/2011 3:54 PM, Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:
> An FBO is not a context - it's an object that uses an existing context to do
> its work. So
> you need an existing context to be able to use an FBO.
> Contexts can be one of 2 flavors. Either onscreen (GraphicsWindow) or
> offscreen (pbuffer).
> Using FBOs is actually orthogonal to using pbuffers. You use pbuffers when
> you need a
> context that will not show up onscreen...

  Hmm. I always understood FBOs to be an improved (and portable) version of
pbuffers,
since you have to use platform-specific stuff to create a pbuffer (well, OSG
does it for
you, but it still has to use wgl stuff).

> In any case, to use FBOs you need a context, one way or the other.

  I'm going to have to go back and read up on my reference material again. I
thought for
sure there was supposed to be a way to use FBOs without pbuffers.

> Hope this helps,

  Thanks for the info.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. xe...@alphapixel.com