Hello dear OSG users,
Let's follow up on this thread, before I make another release of
cppintrospection, in order to package it in Debian! (and other
operating systems)

2011/3/15 Mike Wozniewski <m...@mikewoz.com>:
> In the meantime, there hasn't been a stable tag made for osgIntrospection in
> the svn. In order to build it, I usually end up deleting a bunch of wrappers
> that don't compile. Furthermore, we don't need all of the osgWrappers. We
> just need the core osgIntrospection classes (Type, MethodInfo, etc), as
> required for reflection or our own classes that we have derived from OSG.
>
> * ie, we don't need osgWrappers, just introspection *

Yes, we need a tag, so that I can package it for Debian GNU/Linux. We
also need it to be packaged separately.

> At some point Robert mentioned that osgIntrospection could become a generic
> C++ introspection, and this is the inspiration for 'cppintrospection'...
> something that can be used independently of OSG. I like this idea. Less
> bloat, and much faster to build for projects like ours.
>
> I think the name distinction is necessary, since legacy systems that have
> versions of OSG < 2.9.9 will contain a library called libosgIntrospection,
> that contains (is linked with) all of the osgWrappers.

For the name of the project, Mike Wozniewski and I think we need this
project to be renamed cppintrospection to avoid a name clash with the
former one, unless I am misled. We still use some old OSG that is
packaged in Debian, and it contains a osgIntrospection library.

Also, I really want to avoid working with Subversion, as Git is much
more fun to work with.

Those two issues are not really issues, after all. I would really like
to collaborate with you, Wang Rui, and benefit from your future
changes to this project. I don't plan to make any change to it, as I
am only interested in seeing it packaged, especially for Debian
GNU/Linux.

For the CMake packaging, I would be totally up for having it aside
from the GNU Autotools, but I don't know how to use it, and have no
time for this. I know the GNU Autotools, and that's is it for now.

So, if I move forward with renaming this library and releasing a
2.12.0 tag to package it for Debian, would you be willing to move
along, Wang Rui, and contribute to it? Otherwise, I guess I will
simply apply you changes as patches from "upstream" to the gentle
"fork".

What do you think?
Best regards,
--