On 4/20/2011 6:25 PM, Wang Rui wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> The release of prebuilt binaries sounds great to beginners and people
> who don't like to wait for compiling. Thanks for the great work.
>
> FYI, I've made a small installer utility which could read a
> configuration file from local or network and then download binaries
> and developer files from specified website. It is done by NSIS and
> I've released both the installer of 2.9.9 and the source files with
> the beginners book (OpenSceneGraph Beginners Guide, Packt Publishing).
> I wonder if it could be of help for you to maintain prebuilts and thus
> provide an easy way for users to download them.
>
> The installer (at present it only includes 2.9.9 binraries and
> developer files) could be downloaded at:
> http://www.openscenegraph.org/files/dev/OpenSceneGraph-Installer.exe
>
> And the full source code:
> http://www.openscenegraph.org/files/dev/osg_installer_src.rar
>
> You are free to make changes and redistribute it in any form. No
> copyrights or copylefts here. :-)

  Thanks for the offer.

  To be honest, I'm not exactly clear on what advantage it offers, particularly
compared
to offering CPack-made installers, which we hope to do at some near point. Can
you explain
better what he purpose of this tool is?

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. xe...@alphapixel.com