Yep, and we had already discussed this offline. The 3ds writer fixes are on the feature list. Thanks.
   -Paul

On 5/2/2011 11:59 AM, mike.weib...@gmail.com wrote:
Heh sorry I'm interested, just got back to DFW and hail. Don't have any
particular reqs tho, other than the 3ds plugin. Looking fwd to build osgtoy and
vrpn on this foundation.
--mew

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Martz<pma...@skew-matrix.com>
Sender: osg-users-bounces@lists.openscenegraph.orgDate: Sun, 01 May 2011
18:57:27
To: OpenSceneGraph Users<osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org>
Subject: Re: [osg-users] OSG 2.8.5 stable release discussion

Hi Chris -- I'd like to add r11952 to the 2.8.5 feature list. This was Michael
Plating's performance enhancement for large numbers of uniforms, which
effectively eliminates the std::map<std::string>  lookup.

There hasn't been any posts on this thread for 10 days, so it looks like you and
I are the only people interested in contributing to a 2.8.5 release. Is this
correct? If so, I suggest we freeze the feature list at this point. (Any new
feature requests would need to be trivial to add to the branch.)
     -Paul