ok, ive been playing around a little bit here and i seem to have hit a wall. i
was wondering how OSG goes about representing unique trajectories (conceptually
i would guess a collection of line segments).  here is what i am doing now (mix
of pseudocode and c++):

Code:

//appropriate variables assumed to be declared here

for each T in trajectoryList{
    osg::ref_ptr<osg::Geometry> geom = new osg::Geometry;
    geom->addPrimitiveSet(drawArrayLines);
    geom->setVertexArray(vertexData);

    //line width, color, etc set here

    for each point in T{
        vertexData->push_back(osg::Vec3d(point.X,point.Y,point.Z));
    }
    drawArrayLines->setFirst(0);
    drawArrayLines->setCount(vertexData->size());
    geode->addDrawable( geom.get() );
}

I was expecting this to create a new "trajectory" each time and insert each one
into geode but it looks like it is just appending points into geom and
extending the trajectory instead of putting a new one in. I know the memory
situation is a little bit different with OSG vs. ANSI C++, am I botching it
there or how would I approach this?