Hi Robert,

It seems I only had the dynamic SDL library installed. After I
installed the static library (for SDL) cmake automatically picks up
/usr/lib/libSDLmain.a.

Funny thing is that when I manually set SDLMAIN_LIBRARY to the
shared object (prior to installing the static library), the example
application worked fine, it is only cmake that complains.

I am using cmake 2.8.4. Oh well, I guess it is just one of those things ;-)
Thanks again.

Cheers and have a good day,
Chris