Hi,

I am currently developing a project which requires movies to be played on both
Windows and Mac. I have the windows movie playing perfectly but the mac is
causing me some issues, so I was wondering if anyone could help me with the
following:

1) What is the best format for playing movie on mac.
2) Are there any video formats that are supported on both? I've seen ffmpeg
being mentioned but as my projects are going to be commercial I wasn't sure if
it was usable.
3) Apparently in our company the AR2TKVidStream was previously used, which is
the AR toolkit video playback. Does anyone know if this can be used for regular
video playback, and not just a webcam stream?

I'm fairly new to mac programming and am not 100% sure what codecs need to be
used. Currently the quicktime libraries are being loaded, so it should be able
to play .mov at the very least, but getting to that stage seems to be a bit of
a nightmare. I do not necessarily need a multi-platform approach, i.e. I can
used one system for windows and another for mac. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Elliott