In response to David's post (which I didn't see until now), it's fairly straightforward to back-transform a pixel into world coordinates. I've posted on this in the past, email me offline and I'll send you more info about it.

Sanat, one thing I learned in the GIS classes years ago is that you must be very careful to have all of your GIS data in the same projection/ellipsoid/units, or they won't mix well. If your buildings are too large, then perhaps they were modeled in feet and your Earth is modeled in meters, for example. If you don't have any meta data for the models to tell your application what coordinate system and units the model uses, there is no magic software trick to handle that situation. So you have two solutions: Either manually put all your models (Earth and buildings) into the same coordinate system and units, or manually ensure that each model contains the necessary metadata so that your application can transform them as needed into a common coordinate system and units.
   -Paul