Skylark wrote:

> You're welcome to do it differently if you want and submit the change.
> In fact it would really be nice if you could merge your technique into
> osgOcean's own code and submit the change. I'm sure many people would
> appreciate such functionality, if you have the time to do it.

Hi J-S,
I'd be happy to contribute this back at some point but I have some concerns.

- First, getting this working correctly is dependent on being able to apply the
stencil to only the inside the ship since we want the water to still draw over
the outside, but not the inside.  From a generic perspective, it would probably
be ok to just specify which geometry (or subgraphs with the stencil set) should
not be allowed to have ocean drawn over it.

- The second concern is that in order for the ocean to know it should not draw
over any particular fragment, the stencil needs to have already been set before
the ocean gets there.  This means that the ocean needs to be told to draw at a
later phase (higher render bin number than that for used for ships in this
case).  I'm guessing this may be undesirable for some/many applications.

Thoughts?