Robert,

Actually, the idea is that if I import a shader file with errors, I want to
delete it immediately, rather than leave it loaded.  So, if a shader compiled
with errors, (which I could determine by checking the error log in the post
draw callback), I would have it flagged and an update callback would check that
flag and remove the shader if the flag was set.

Anyway, it worked perfectly, but I didn't really care for the way I had to
implement it.  I don't think the fact that the error log gets dumped to the
console helps me out here...  Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

 - Joel