Hi there,

Some weeks ago, I posted my original problem, when deriving my own
Effect/Technique class. I'm happy to add that both the heap damage error and
the memory leak are solved, now. (In fact, there were some similar errors and I
couldn't ignore or workaround them any more.)
It was not the mixing of debug and release binaries, but some incompatible
compiler settings: My project compiled with /MT and /MTd respectively, while
OSG links the C Runtime dynamically (/MD and /MDd respectively). Here are some
forum threads which helped me to get the clue and describe in more detail which
flags to regard:

http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=7753
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=7644
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=2436

Hope, this will help others to save time and effort.

Cheers,
Matthias Schütze, Germany