Hi Brad,

It is a commercial product but they licence it free to open source projects
(http://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request ).

I would advise against going with a commercial product that has a special license for open source projects. There has been a history of these companies either going away (the company goes bankrupt, where is your website then?) or just unilaterally removing support for open source projects when they disagree with something they did (Bazaar for example, which prompted the development of git).

I think an open source project should rely on open source projects for its infrastructure and community management. It just makes sense.

I've had some experience managing a few small wikis using MediaWiki, it's powerful and easy to use. The only thing that might be missing is some plugin to integrate it with git, but I'm sure something like that exists already, we just have to search a bit.

J-S