basically, what i want to do is to cast primary rays from the camera (for each
pixel on the screen) into the scene using line intersectors. then i want to
retrieve normal of the intersection to be able to compute the direction of the
secondary ray and then to cast it the way i cast the primary rays. i want to
continue recursively until a certain point. with the buffer i want to optimize
the number of the primary rays casted.

ultimately, my goal is to render the scene "normally" using opengl pipeline
into FBO,  then turn on ray tracing for certain objects/materials in the scene.
i need to know whether this is possible and in what ways can osg help. what i
see as the greatest advantage are the intersetors and the osg's ability to
compute the intersections automatically.

i don't get the connection between the octree, which if i am not mistaken is a
way of organizing the data or the scene, and my goal.
neither i get the reason why this buffer thing would not work on perspective
projection, if that's what you meant.

thanks