Hi,

I would like to thank you for your answers. Especially for the website Skylark
, it really got me started on the subject. I will definitely search more info
on the 4x4 matrix.

Now about the distances I admit that I wasn't clear :).  I need the distance
from the camera to the center of a given 3d model(OSG Node). For the position
of the 3D model I would like to use the function getTransformationMatrix() of
the node.

Is it possible  to use getTransformationMatrix on the camera node? Then I would
use the method that Skylark suggested and my problem will be solved. As for
scale, as far as I know my models are not scaled in runtime.

Thank you for your time!!

Stefanos

Cheers,
Stefanos