Hello all,

I believe that I may have discovered a bug in the GUI abstraction
library; although this may be a known issue. Here are the steps to
reproduce it. I performed these steps on 64bit Windows 7, as well as
64bit Vista, both using version 3.0.0 built in 32 bit on Visual Studio
2008 sp1.

1. Run osgviewer.exe avatar.osg
2. Press f to switch to a window mode
3. Click and hold both your left and right mouse button and drag towards
the edge of the window
4. Release the right button, then exit the window and release the left
5. Move the mouse back over the window WITHOUT clicking any buttons on
the mouse
6. You will notice that the trackball is still moving as though the left
button was held down
7. Click the left button, the behavior is as expected again

To prove to myself that it was probably not the intended functionality,
I then performed the following steps
1. Perform steps 1 and 2 above
2. Click the left mouse button and drag towards the edge of the window
3. Drag off of the window
4. Release the left mouse button
5. Move the mouse back over the window WITHOUT clicking any buttons
6. You will notice the trackball is as expected

I attached a debugger and went into the event traversal part of the
osgViewer::Viewer class and noticed that while the mouse was out of the
window (so after step 5 of the first procedure), the event queue still
had an event with a mouse button held down. I believe that perhaps, some
boundary condition is being hit when there are two buttons and one is
released, that is not being handled correctly.

I don't have enough time to dig more into this, but I tried to diagnose
it as completely as possible given my time constraints. This also
impacts the osg mfc example, so it is not limited to the osgviewer
application.

Michael A Bosse'
Software Engineer
Link Simulation and Training