We recently discovered that osgSim::DOFTransform nodes were unexpectedly
removed from the scene graph by the unconditional use of the
osgUtil::Optimizer in osgconv. The DOFTransform nodes were marked by our
modelling tool (Max with the osgmaxeporter plugin) as STATIC.

Should the optimizer flatten DOFTransform nodes at all, under any
circumstances? They carry much more information than a simple transformation
matrix, such as the ranges for the DOFs. In our case it was this information
that needed to be preserved.

Can anyone think of a good use case where one would want to flatten
DOFTransform nodes with osgconv? After all, if I weren't interested in the
additional information, I could just use a MatrixTransform...

Regards,

Magnus