Jason,

Thanks for the response. That link is helpful and i have done some research on
the anatomy of modelines but no success yet.  I am running my code on windows
and while we occasionally build for Linux I'm hoping I don't NEED to go that
route to crack this problem. It appears that my graphics card (qaudro something
or other, not in front of it right now) can output 1280x1470 as I can see a
desktop with that resolution in the HMD when testing it as a custom resolution.
The osg viewer is launching without complaint at that resolution as well.
Unfortuntely the HMDis not recognizing it as a 3D source. I will try your
suggestion of forcing the black band between viewports. I wonder if the HMZT1
processing box is actually looking for black pixels in the middle of the source
when it is determining if it should consider it a 3D format? I am having
trouble finding this type of information for both the format and the device
itself.

Cheers,
Erin