Hello,

I have a fairly big database which needs to be handled via PagedLOD. This works fine up to a certain point. In my project I've installed a load callback in order to clone certain nodes and do my own caching. Now, in order to cache the nodes correctly I've put a reference to the node in to a map (std::map<std::string, osg::ref_ptr<Node>>). I need to use the ref_ptr to be sure the node is still valid. It works well, up to the point where the DataBasePager removes expired PagedLODs, as I don't found any way to set a callback to the DataBasePager that tells me, which node is going to be removed.

Is there any way to get this information (preferably via a callback)? Or do I have to set an observer to the node and don't manage the nodes as ref_ptr at this point?

cheers
Sebastian