Hi folks, sorry I didn't chime in earlier - was on the road.

Like Wojtek said, this doesn't seem to be reproducible when using newer NVidia
drivers, and it's not an issue that we hear about often. Good driver support of
vertex buffer objects used to be pretty spotty, which is why we introduced the
SILVERLINING_NO_VBO environment variable to bypass them.
SILVERLINING_NO_BINDLESS exists for the same reason (for bindless graphics on
NVidia.)

However, you're right in that using SILVERLINING_NO_VBO does lead to a crash in
the current SDK. I've fixed that for the upcoming SilverLining 2.36 release
(all it is is changing the SL_FREE(buf) in line 238 of SilverLiningOpenGL.cpp
to free(buf) ).

I'll add a blurb in the troubleshooting section of our docs about what to do if
you experience mysterious framerate degradation as well.

Thanks for using our products,

Frank Kane
Founder
Sundog Software LLC