Hiya,

Thanks Robert and Chris for your insight and advice. I think I'll try
deploying using OpenGL ES 1.1 with what I have for now, and rebuild
the OSG stuff using shaders to eventually build with ES 2.0. As Robert
mentioned, this way I'll get a decent amount of exposure to GLSL and
the new pipeline before getting in way over my head.

>   Well, if you got the PowerVR emulator working, you're ahead of me.
I was surprised that it 'just worked'... that usually never happens
with Linux. Downloaded it, unzipped it and all the examples ran
flawlessly. It's even more surprising considering I have a really old
machine with spotty driver support (integrated ATi chipset). If it
helps, I'm running Arch Linux with all the latest updates. The SDK I
got was the ES 2.0 Emulation for PC (Linux) off this page:
http://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/sdkdownloads/.

Regards,

Preet