Martin Scheffler wrote:
> Hi Maia,
>
> maybe the stuff I am working on is interesting for you:
> http://code.google.com/p/dtentity/
>
> DtEntity is similar to Delta3D in its functionality (it started as a Delta3D
> module), but it is more lightweight and less intrusive.
> DtEntity is a game and simulation system for OSG. It has basic support for
> OSGAnimation and Cal3D (osgCal3d wrapper not included, please ask if you are
> interested in that). It offers a component-based entity system for handling
> simulation objects, XML map loading, sound support, heads up displays and
> lots of other stuff.
>
> It is very easy to integrate dtEntity with other OSG libraries like VESuite,
> OSGOcean, OSGEarth and so on, simply because dtEntity is only a thin layer on
> top of OSG.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, I had already looked at dtEntity, but after
reading some posts about it on delta3D forum, I have some concerns (eg: less
intuitive for OO programmers; don't over-use ref ptrs; an entity is simply an
ID with no data attached). Also, I am not sure if it is working with VR Juggler
(for CAVE configuration, etc.), allows devices integration through VRPN,
networking. Could you tell if it does ?

But I will give it a try for sure, and I am interested to have osgCal3d.

Thank you,

Maia