I had the same experience; this was an ATI vs. NVIDIA difference. One liked
the [0] and the other did not (can't remember which). The OpenGL spec says
that either is acceptable. Ended up writing an ArrayUniform helper class to
deal with it.

http://github.com/gwaldron/osgearth/blob/master/src/osgEarth/ShaderUtils<https://github.com/gwaldron/osgearth/blob/master/src/osgEarth/ShaderUtils>

Glenn Waldron / @glennwaldron