Hi Robert,

I hope you enjoy your trip, even though it was a business trip.

It seems you missed my previous post, but it's normal, this thread is
getting huge! Briefly, as you suggested I have gone for downloads and
support pages. These sections are almost finished. There are still
somethings to do:

Downloads

Stable and developer releases sections: The binaries are still in the old
server

@Robert: do you want me to do a downloads hierarchy folder (somethink like
in the old server) by FTP and upload latest stable and developer versions?
I think we need to migrate older versions too, and make a single article
for all the older releases (at least for stable releases).

In the case of dowloads I have a doubt with Tools section (suggestion of
J-S), I feel this category may overlap the category community projects,
thoughts?

Support

Some links on the FAQ section are not up to date, we need to migrate the
Documentation->knowledge base before.
I want to know your opinion about how to address profesional support, Is it
worth to have a single article with all the professionals/companies, or to
have an article for each professional/company and show them in a blog
layout/ list layout? I think it would be better if each
professional/company edit its own page.

About multilingual support I am not fully convinced. It should be clear
that support in mailing lists, forum, etc. will be only in english. I'm not
very proud about my 'spanglish' but I still prefer to learn english while
working with OSG :). Anyway if we get translators from the community I
don't have any objection.

Once I have a pilot page for every section I should write an author guide
in order to respect the styles.

I am trying to get migration task section up-to-date, so if you want to
tackle any item with priority high it will be on the top of my webtasks to
do list.

Cheers.

2012/5/14 Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com>

> Hi Jordi,
>
> On 9 May 2012 18:34, Jordi Torres <jtorresfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I missed to say that I tried to respect the authory of the articles
> migrated
> > from the old webpage, or for example de Debbuging tips (from Paul Martz).
> > But there are some cases where I didnt know who was the author.
>
> I've been out of the loop for 9 days thanks to me trip, hows things
> progressing?  I'll busy with client work and generally catching up
> this week, but next week I plan to put time aside for diving back into
> the new website work.  On my trip I read a few more chapters of Joomla
> 2.5 Beginner's Guide, didn't read too many as it's pretty dull reading
> when you don't have a computer in front of you to experiment with.  I
> am getting a better grasp of what and how we can do things.
>
> One thing I do wonder about is multi-lingual support, Joomla is
> capable of it, and as a community I would guess we should be capable
> for doing translation work, at least for all the main pages that users
> will touch upon.  Thoughts everyone?
>
> Robert.

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es