Hi Nav,

As always: Your mileage may vary.
But your results seem extremely slow.
Given the fact you are using Visual Studio I guess you're on a windows machine. So there are some things I would check:

1. Driver version
I tried the newest NVidia Driver some days ago an decided to go back to 296.10 as the 300x driver made almost all my osg applictions extremely slow (100fps vs 20fps)
2. Release vs. Debug
Make sure you are running the test in release mode, as OSG is really slow when using debug mode
3. Check your driver settings
Set the Nvidia control panel to Performance instead of Quality.

Also: Are other examples running reasonable fast? What is your resolution. Have you checked the StatsViewer, where does it say the time is spent per frame?

cheers
Sebastian
In Chapter 12's Adding Occluders to a complex scene example, in the 2010
version of the beginners guide of OSG, there's an occluder node which occludes
100000 randomly generated quads.
The fps shown in the book is 40fps, when the 100000 'massive quads' are fully
occluded and 11.57fps when not occluded.

On my system, the fps is 0.5fps when fully occluded and 1.01fps when not
occluded.
I have 2GB RAM, an Intel core 2 duo CPU, 2.53GHz and an NVidia GeForce GT 430
graphics card. No other applications were open at the time I ran the program.
Not even Visual Studio Intellisense.

Tried running the program on a system without a graphics card, and the quads
didn't even render (but this is secondary. Main problem is what caused such a
slow reaction on my card-equipped system).

Is it a known issue among OSG users that some cards don't support OpenGL well enough? Because I saw
a forum post where a person said "I think that the nVidia Quadro FX 5600 doesn't have as good
OpenGL support as the "consumer" GPU cards"
Here: http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7182