Hi Peter and Rui,

On 21 August 2012 12:59, Peter Bako <osgfo...@tevs.eu> wrote:
> It would be nice if we can set an auxiliary version number manually, when
> writing or reading files.
> This mechanism would be perfect!
> Can I assume that this modification will be implemented in the next month?
> Or what do you suggest to me to do? It is not time critical in the next
> month, but then it will be :-).

As I have plenty of other work on my plate I'll defer to Rui to come
up with a suggested solution, or yourself if you fancy rolling up your
sleeves up.  I do wonder if a user definable format key/string might
be appropriate - I guess the schema and present version number take us
a bit down this route, but perhaps one needs a list of schema or
versions so that multiple layers can be added on for 3rd party libs
can add their own feature set and rev it independently from the OSG
versioning.

> This is a little off-topic, but why is the osg web page inaccessible?
> Trac detected an internal error:
> OperationalError: database is locked

The openscenegraph.org server has been rather beset by problems so we
are working on a replacement.  Try the new openscenegraph.com when the
.org version is down.