Hi Joe,

I can't say what might be wrong with the implementation you are using
given the details provided.  In general sharing and cloning the scene
graph is easy and well established - it's been supported for a decade
now, so in principle trying to do what you are doing should be
possible.  However, what you describe is a pretty usually, perhaps I'd
even say odd, thing to do with the scene graph.

Could you back up a little a explain what you are trying to achieve
and why, rather than the low level description of something you've
implemented not doing with you expect.  With this understanding
perhaps others will be able to suggest how to solve the actual task
you are tackling in a more appropriate way.

Robert.