Hello Jan and Christian,
Thanks for your hints

The simulation has to run on medium-sized crowds (order of 1000-2000
agents) since we are planning to run on just a portion of a city, so
actually theres no need for huge-sized crowds. At least not at the present
times.
The architecture I'm developing should allow to separate completely the
engine (collisions, social influences, etc) and let a separate FrontEnd to
receive produced data, so it should be feasible both at CPU and GPU level.

Now I'm wondering where I can find some osgAnimation-based characters
(apart from the classic "avatar.osg" in osg-data) or how can I generate a
very basic walking character - I just need to control independently the
walking speed - and have some tests. I've read something involving the
Blender exporter: is this the only workflow (modeling) or I can find some
basic animated agents around on the web that I can somehow convert to a
osgAnimation-based setup?

Thanks,

>>> http://DevHelio.co.nr (Software Development)