Robert,

On 12/5/2012 5:16 AM, Robert Osfield wrote:
On 4 December 2012 18:07, Judson Weissert <jud...@mfrac.com <mailto:jud...@mfrac.com>> wrote:

    The following problems occurred when I tried that:

    1. It exposed the missing break statement issue that you have
    subsequently fixed.
    2. The getUsage() function still reports 'S' as a viable command,
    and I currently use the HelpHandler for displaying viewer usage tips.

    My solution was to derive from ScreenCaptureCaptureHandler and
    override getUsage() in addition to calling
    setKeyEventToggleContinuousCapture() as you suggested above.
    Deriving and overriding is a good solution in a lot of cases, but
    then I have to be careful not to fall into a trap of copying OSG
    library code into my code base (since I want similar behavior).

Thanks for the explanation, all makes sense. I've done a review of the getUsage() implementations in src/osgViewer and they are inconsistent with several suspect casts and no guards to switch off the help when the associated keycode is 0. To address this I've create a couple of extra methods in the ApplicationUsage class to make it more convinient to pass in keycodes and automatically handle the case where a keycode is zero - just ignoring these entries so they won't appear in the on screen stats.

Great! Thank you very much for the changes you have made, I really appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Judson