I have some unexpected behavior which is illustrated by the following code:

Code:

        stationaryModels.push_back(new MillModel("../Models/bigservo.osgb",

osg::Matrix::translate(6000.0f, 0.0f, 200.0f),

osg::Matrix::rotate(osg::inDegrees(0.0f),0.0f,0.0f,1.0f),

MillModel::GREEN_OUTLINE,

std::string(" ")
                                                                ));
        for(int i = 0; i < stationaryModels.size(); i++) //todo use an iterator
        {
                if (stationaryModels[i]->proxNode)
                {

tmp_root->addChild(stationaryModels[i]->modelTrans.get());
                }
        }

        // todo Why isn't the outline shown in the following?
        //for(std::vector<MillModel*>::iterator it = stationaryModels.begin();
it != stationaryModels.end(); it++)
        //{
        //      if ((*it)->proxNode)
        //      {
        //              tmp_root->addChild((*it)->transform.get());
        //      }
        //}

My MillModel class creates osg::ref_ptr 's to transformations whose children
are my proxyNode models and adds some text and the osg::outline to the models.
Why would stationaryModels[i]->transform.get() be any different from
(*it)->transform.get()? I thought they were equivalent. Everything is fine with
the second (preferred) option except the osg::outline.

PK

Attachments:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org//files/stepper1_355.png