Hi Martin,

try exporting to OpenFlight (there are various 3d content creation tools
like LightWave, 3D Max, Creator ) that support this format. I am not sure
the obj plugin has exporting function although I think I have seen some
submissions (from Cedric I think) for the obj format. The extension is "flt"

Hope this helps,

Nick

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Martin Záleta <zal...@atlas.sk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was hoping I could export a terrain geometry represented by a
> procedurally generated HeightField into an .obj file or similar, so I could
> open it as a polygonal mesh in some modelling program or whatever, but
> sadly, it doesn't seem to work that way. This line
>
> Code:
> writeNodeFile(*terrainTileGeode,
> "..\\res\\export\\terrain_groundtile.obj");
>

> just returns me a rather empty object file, while other geometry I use
> seems to be exporting just fine.
>
> So, is there any way to export HeightFields as polygonal meshes in OSG? My
> aim is to import these procedural terrains in other rendering engines
> afterwards, so it would be rather convenient for me.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

> Read this topic online here: