There was an osgVRPN update from Will Hollingsworth last summer, it worked with
OSG 3+

See:

http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=50550

IIRC, to get Mike Weiblen's last commit compiling against OSG 3, the main thing
is to change TrackerManipulator's base class from the MatrixManipulator to
CameraManipulator - post back here if that doesn't do it, and I'll see if I can
figure out what else it took.

Once you have that going, you should be able to just use a TrackerManipulator
to navigate your scene as shown in the osgVRPNviewer.cpp example, and set up
your VRPN config to use your 3dConnexion device as pseudo-tracker
(vrpn_Tracker_AnalogFly) - the navigator_usb.cfg in the osgVRPN does exactly
that.

The Hollingsworth branch adds the typical VR navigation functions to translate
or rotate in user space and a "walled mode" for use on a fixed screen, but I
think if all you have is your 3D mouse, you will be fine with the previous
version and the pseudo-tracker, which essentially does the navigation on the
VRPN side instead of the OSG side.

Hope that helps,
Aric