> As promised last week:
>

> http://alphapixel.com/content/openscengraph-virtual-planet-builder-osgdem
> (http://alphapixel.com/content/openscengraph-virtual-planet-builder-osgdem)
>

> Feedback welcomed.
>

> --
> Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere.  http://www.alphapixel.com/
> (http://www.alphapixel.com/)
> Training • Consulting • Contracting
> 3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 •
> GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
> Digital Imaging • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography •
> Digital Audio • LIDAR • Kinect • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android
> @alphapixel (https://twitter.com/alphapixel) facebook.com/alphapixel
> (http://facebook.com/alphapixel) (775) 623-PIXL [7495]
>
>  ------------------
> Post generated by Mail2Forum

Greetings Chris!

I just learned about it this week so I got a copy to review.

As far as I can tell, there are not many papers (if any) on this subject and
VPB is a remarkable tool.

It's nice to understand the Terrain Theory that the bases to how this works.

I must admit that most of the other paging schemes that I had to deal with in
the past did not go as far as this and did not do as well.  Mostly because they
where hacks using preexisting terrain elements that where clearly not made for
paging. This makes much more sense to me.

David Glenn
D Glenn 3D Computer Graphics Entertainment.
www.dglenn.com