« Hi people of OSG
mailing list I'm Nicoo, and I come in peace! »

well,
I try to write a minimal application  using X11 and OSG, I would like to know
first if the library osgViewer is something written only to help newcomer.
I borrowed a book where all examples I saw use osgViewer.

I'm interested to have a full control of my camera (position, gaze...) like I
do in Opengl.

Same for inputs, I'm using X11  key/mouse event. So I'm looking for a tutorial
who  starts from scratch, using only OSG
and X11.

I didn't found any tutorial so far.  Moreover, I'm bit confused,  when I go
there :

http://trac.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg//wiki/Support/Tutorials

and  see many tutorials with some note like  : "Code needs conversion to
osgViewer" I don't  know if it's not wothless to take time to study these
tutorials...

So I try to write my own application from scratch using X11 and osg. I uploaded
a  tarball :

http://ge.tt/4g9ZzLx/v/0?c

so there is the commands to do :
$ tar -xvf OSGX11.tar
$ cd FlammingCessna
$ cmake .
$ make
$ ./FlammingCessna

then you'll see : scrot.png
(in the tarball too)

as you can see, there is some  black parts, I don't know why... (p.s. I don't
think they are some burnt triangles... cessnafire... like my invisible roomate
says )

-nicoo

p.s. : there is a reason why http://trac.openscenegraph.org is so slow ?