« Hi people
 of OSG mailing list I'm Nicoo, and I come in peace! »

 well,
 I try to write a minimal application  using X11 and OSG, I
 would like to know first if the library osgViewer is
 something written only to help newcomer.
 I borrowed a book where all examples I saw use osgViewer.

 I'm interested to have a full control of my camera
 (position, gaze...) like I do in Opengl.

 Same for inputs, I'm using X11  key/mouse event. So I'm
 looking for a tutorial who  starts from scratch, using only
 OSG
 and X11.

 I didn't found any tutorial so far.  Moreover, I'm bit
 confused,  when I go there :

 http://trac.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg//wiki/Support/Tutorials

 and  see many tutorials with some note like  : "Code needs
 conversion to osgViewer" I don't  know if it's not wothless
 to take time to study these tutorials...

 So I try to write my own application from scratch using X11
 and osg. I uploaded a  tarball :

 http://ge.tt/4g9ZzLx/v/0?c

 so there is the commands to do :
 $ tar -xvf OSGX11.tar
 $ cd FlammingCessna
 $ cmake .
 $ make
 $ ./FlammingCessna

 then you'll see : scrot.png
 (in the tarball too)

 as you can see, there is some  black parts, I don't know
 why... (p.s. I don't think they are some burnt triangles...
 cessnafire... like my invisible roomate says )

 -nicoo

 p.s. : there is a reason why http://trac.openscenegraph.org is so slow ?