Hi OSG users & especially Windows experts,

Please could you have a look at what Mattias is proposing and provide
feedback.  I don't have Windows machine let alone expertise with Windows
threads so can't directly contribute insights to the specifics of the
Windows threads implementation so have to defer to the community to provide
the expertise.

The only thing I'd add in general is that having OpenThreads behave the
same across all platforms is desirable so in principle I believe Mattias's
suggestion is sound.  I'm a litle cautious though as there is chance that
Windows only OSG applications might be relying upon the re-entrant nature
of the current Mutex under Windows so could find there application hanging
with the integration of the change to OpenThreads.

Thoughts please ;-)