Hi Chris,

I think I was one of the last to use it seriously, apart from Javier Taibo (the main Maya2OSG developer). That was over 2 years ago when I was at CM-Labs. I don't know if they continued using it after I left. They may have switched to 3DSMax and so be using OSGExp (3DSMax plugin to export to OSG) exclusively.

I think I might have binaries lying around for Maya 2012 x64 but not 2014. Let me know if you want those.

I don't recall it being hard to compile from source though. You plugged in the path to your Maya directory in CMake (the Maya install contains the SDK, at least the 2012 version did, so you had no additional SDK to install as opposed to 3DSMax) as well as the path to a 64-bit build of OSG of course, and it would generate the solution (make sure you generate for Visual Studio x64). The CMake INSTALL target would copy the plugin and related .mel scripts to the right place.

Then you would have to start Maya from a shell that had the OSG binaries on your PATH. This is what I had in a batch file called "start_maya.bat":

set PATH=C:\Work\contentpipeline\osg;%PATH%
cd /d C:\Tools\Autodesk\Maya2012\bin\
start "bob" /b maya.exe

(incidentally I have an almost-identical start_max.bat too :-) -- at that point we had artists using both in the company)

Hope this helps,

J-S