from what you are stating if the color array is Vec4Array in creation you
should cast to the same in the reading portion - I guess the 4th component
is alpha of the color which is the proper way to have the colors stored. So
the fix would be casting to Vec4array in the reading part to get valid
array object

Nick

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Bolstad, Mark <bolst...@janelia.hhmi.org>wrote:

> While trying to map some functionality to color per vertex, I came across
> a bug in that colors aren't loaded properly.
>
> At daeReader::resolveMeshArrays:931 (daeRGeometry.cpp) it calls out to
> createGeometryArrays with types of Vec4Array. If you trace this down into
> the daeSourceReader call to getArray, you'll find that it reads the data
> into a Vec3Array, then returns the Vec4Array resulting in no colors.
>
> Anyone have a quick fix? (I'm currently attempting to change the array to
> Vec3, then convert it to a Vec4 in resolve MeshArrays).
>
> Attached is a small collada file created in Blender that shows the problem.
>
> Mark

trajce nikolov nick