Hi Robert
HI Sebastian,

On 15 April 2014 10:59, Sebastian Messerschmidt
<sebastian.messerschm...@gmx.de> wrote:
I'm a bit lost with the issue. Isn't the osgb-format supposed to be stable?
The format isn't stable, as new features get added or changed in the
OSG.   However, it is versioned and should in theory allow older files
to be read with new versions of the OSG.

Can you at least point me to the revision where this might have changed?
Summarized: It seems files written by the trunk-revision 14033 cannot be
read by older versions (osg111, 3.3.1). Also files containing vertex
attribute arrays cannot be read by the revision it was written with.
The format is forwards compatible rather than backwards compatible.
While I do try and avoid changes to existing parts of format sometimes
it's not possible to implement new features or refactor old features
without implementing changes that break forwards compatibility.
Okay, I'll keep that in mind.
But in the specific case, the serializer cannot read what it wrote. So this might be worth investigating.

cheers
Sebastian