Hi Robert,

here is the log

cd /home/ubuntu/OpenSceneGraph/src/OpenThreads/pthreads && /usr/bin/c++
-DHAVE_PTHREAD_CANCEL -DHAVE_PTHREAD_SETCANCELSTATE
-DHAVE_PTHREAD_TESTCANCEL -DHAVE_SCHED_YIELD
-DHAVE_THREE_PARAM_SCHED_SETAFFINITY -DOPENTHREADS_EXPORTS
-DOpenThreads_EXPORTS -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wall -Wparentheses -Wno-long-long
-Wno-import -pedantic -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-braces -Wunknown-pragmas
-Wunused -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -I/home/ubuntu/OpenSceneGraph/include

As I mentioned earlier ALLOW_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING is not set anywhere - I
examined the CMakeLists.txt for pthreads. But it is used in the code right
in places where the priority is set. Also these __linux and __linux__ ..
are these system wide defined by default? I am using QT Creator as an
editor and seeing these grayed out

Thanks again

Nick

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Curtis Rubel <cru...@compro.net> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> My first problem was that I had selected the option to build
> OpenThreads with QT in cmake for some reason.  So I rebuilt with this
> option off..
> My apologies on that issue...
>
> At least it is now using the pthreads section properly.
>
> However, as Nick stated in his post, the openthreads code to allow me to
> select
> a scheduling policy other than OTHER has been ifdef'd out for __linux__
> even though these options are available on Linux.
> This is also affecting the ability to set a proper thread priority value.
>
> So while Nick and I can fix this by removing the __linux__  checks, I would
> like to see if anyone knows why this was put in there in the first place
> so that
> we do not possibly break something else as we are attempting to fix the
> issues that we are seeing.

> Thank you!
>
> Cheers,
> Curtis