Trajce Nikolov NICK wrote:
> Hi
>

> > So when the window is not visible, I would prefer to pause the rendering of
> > the model instead of destroying it.
> >

> You can control the rendering loop by calling viewer->frame() whenever you
> need. In some sort of similar application in the past I used timer to render
> the frame and when not needed I killed the timer and reset when needed again.
> If you are under windows you can send messages like WM_SHOW/WM_HIDE directly
> to your HWND or set the windows style WS_VISIBLE, that how I controlled the
> visibility of the window
>

> Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reaction. I want to try the WM_SHOW/WM_HIDE thingy.
But how do I get a HWND of the viewer?

I have found a website where they create a osg-window with an window handle.
http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/animation-and-3d/9781849512824/interacting-with-outside-elements/ch09lvl1sec13
But I don't understand it completely. I believe parts of the code are missing.
Am I correct?
I see the point to read it all and writing your own code instead of just
copying it. But I am not experienced with window handles and I am having
trouble seeing the "big picture" here.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Marco