Hi Bram,

On 1 September 2014 16:33, Bram Vaessen <bram.vaes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Glenn I don't understand what you are trying to say.
> Are you saying that everyone who uses OSG necessarily has to (learn to)
> checkout the source repository, and push changes? This is not the case, you
> can download the source and use the source and/or precompiled OSG without
> every learning or touching any repository system. And this is what I did
> too.
> But I might be misunderstanding what you mean.

Knowing how to check out source code and submit changes is something all
programmers should be capable of doing, version control systems is usually
the basis for anything other than trivial application development.  I don't
think an unreasonable expectation that a contributor to the OSG, be it
source changes or documentation/tutorials should have the skills required
to use version control systems.