> Side-by-side is an entirely different kettle of fish which would be easy
> to code up, it's just two cameras and two views so I haven't done anything
> with that. Quad buffer is an inherrent requirement for shutter glasses
> however so I am on about circumventing this need in software but it's
> merely an idea and a work in progress and may well fail. There are
> certainly many pitfalls here.

As mentioned already OSG already has modes for doing this, I tinker'ed a
little with them to get Quadro cards outputing to 120Hz DLP projectors.

> I do have the head-tracking code largely complete albeit unoptimized and
> it works really nicely. That is something I will definitely make
> available. You simply input physical screen dimensions, track your head in
> some manner (there is a nice Wii option for this that gives fair tracking
> if you can't afford Vicon) and it generates the necessary data to pass to
> your camera(s).

I dream of Vicon, but the CFO/Wife probably would not sign off on it. ;-)

Please keep posting about your progress, this sort of thing is really
interesting.

I'd be especially interested if your work could be expanded to
multi-person views (ie. multiple people wearing headsets in the same
simulation).
Simon