And again:

The example I was looking for was in the submissions, called:

[osg-submissions] New example : culling and LODing performed on GPU side

Unfortunately Robert didn't approve or merge the nescessary changes. Maybe it went unnoticed.

Cheers
Sebastian

HI Trajce,

I implemented HW Instancing using the UBO and texture approach using the osgforest example as a guide. The majority of the work in my project lied in developing a visitor making "arbitrary" geometry nodes instanceable. I also experimented with geometry shader based billboard instancing, which worked nice for trees etc. And I do remember some example featuring GPU culling and instancing, but I cannot find it in the mailing list right now

Hi Community

I found this blog http://3dcgtutorials.blogspot.de/2013/09/instancing-with-openscenegraph-part-ii.html and found it very interesting. Although the description is very well written the code samples seams incomplete and sort of outdated. Was to ask you if any of you have done some work with this and is willing to share hints, code snippets?

Thanks a bunch as always,
Nick

--
trajce nikolov nick