Hi Robert,

After posting this, I quickly realized that SHP files might be doing some sort
of "draping" rather than modifying the terrain. Anyway,It will not do the job I
Feel now.

There was osgTDS (Terrain Deformation s/w) sometime back. Now it seems to be
out of shape. That was doing something similar to what I trying to achieve.
Isn't it?
I do not prefer osgEarth. VPB satisfies my needs good enough except with this
road issue.

Anything you can suggest to try out to modify Terrain to adjust to my 3D roads
(using VPB/ osgTerrain etc)? I can try out your concepts.

Please reply to this part if you have little spare time  :) .

Thank you!

Cheers,
umesh