Hi all,

I was wondering if there are commonly used conventions which texture units
do what in 3D models used for realtime rendering (games etc).

For example I see that most 3D models enable texture unit #1 for the
diffuse texture, whereas unit #0 is unused most of the time.

Now what if the model also contained a bump or normal map? On which texture
unit would such maps typically use?

Would anyone have an example OSG file that uses both a diffuse and a normal
texture, rendered with the fixed function pipeline? I am trying to get
started with normal maps now and this would be a big help, especially if
such a model follows the usual conventions.

Christian